1. Have a mental list (or even one on paper) of the items you need to complete your wardrobe. For example: a white oxford or a black pencil skirt or maybe it’s a sequined body con dress..
2. Be open minded. Missing a button, add a cool vintage one. A little too big? Take it in. A new trend you are dying to try? Just do it!
3. Don’t take something you know you will never wear. Yes, it is important to take risks, but if you know it won’t fit or you will never actual leave your house in it, leave it for someone else who may have been searching high and low for it.
4. Donate. ‘Cause it feels so good.
5. Don’t take more than you give. Remember, it is for charity.
6. Bring a friend. A good, second opinion can make making decisions quick and easy.
fun, tropical outfit made from swapmaine finds!
cant wait to see everyone at the swap!
Now that’s a pile of clothes… and I’m not even done yet.
For this swap, I’ve decided to be pretty ruthless. If I haven’t worn it in a few years – to the swap! If I like it, but it just doesn’t fit that well – to the swap! If it’s cute, but it would probably look cuter on another lady – to the swap! Yes, I’m parting with some good stuff, but i just keep thinking of all the great new things I’ll be adding to my closet.
What are some things you should bring to SWAPmaine on June 29 (details here)?
- Men’s and women’s clean, quality, clothing in good condition.
- Vintage clothing, in good condition.
- Shoes, also in good condition.
- Jewelry, bags, and accessories, you guessed it, in good condition.
What are some things you shouldn’t bring to the swap?
- Bathing suits
- Kid’s clothing
- Clothing, shoes, and accessories with holes, stains, pilling, excessive wear, or other damage.
- Dumpy old stuff. Leave the old, over-sized t-shirts and sweatshirts at home, we’re all trying to look cute this summer!
See you there, ladies and gentlemen!
SwapMaine’s fifth ever swapping event will take place on June 29th at East End School (195 North Street)
Swapping will run from 10 a.m – 1 p.m.
SWAP DROP OFF DETAILS
To get in for free…
On Friday, June 28th at the East End School from 4pm – 6pm we will be accepting early drop off’s in order to receive FREE ADMISSION into the swap! Just come drop off your bag and you’ll receive one ticket for free entry.
To get in for $5….
Show up the day of the swap on Saturday, June 29th. Doors open at 9 a.m. for donation drop offs. If you donate a bag the day of the event at any time, it is a $5 entry fee.
To get in for $10….
Want to fill up a bag but don’t have any clothes to donate? You can swap til you drop with a $10 entry fee any time you show up during swap hours!
For those of you that show up the morning of the swap for early drop offs, food and coffee will be provided in the waiting area!
More details to be announced later this week!
SAVE THE DATE! Our next SWAP Maine is Saturday, June 29th at East End School, sponsored by MaineToday
with our partner Goodwill Industries of Northern New England
! Start cleaning out those closets everyone! And tell your friends!!! It’s time to SWAP IT LIKE ITS HOT.
We’ll have more information soon!
Thanks to everyone that came out to support the Swap Soiree last week! We had such a great time, and everyone in attendance really seemed to have a ball! Thanks also to Amy Paradysz for writing a great article in the Press Herald! Read the article here, and check out a couple of the photos below.
Stay tuned for more swapping goodness this spring
courtesy of the Portland Press Herald
courtesy of the Portland Press Herald
TOMORROW NIGHT is our first ever Holiday SWAPMAINE Soiree! The first 20 people that show up who have pre-purchased their tickets will be receiving FREE DAY PASSES to The Portland Regency Hotel & Spa (a $30 value). Um, AWESOME. If you haven’t bought your tickets yet, click here.
Alright ladies, the SWAP Soiree is only a few days away (next Wednesday, December 5 to be exact!). You can still purchase tickets online, just click here. BUT! If you’re looking to do a little local holiday shopping this weekend and want to save the service fee, just head on over to the Portland Flea-For-All to buy your tickets in person!
If you haven’t been to the Flea, you really should. They are an indoor flea market with vendors selling art and handmade goods, vintage clothing and accessories, jewelry, furniture, and much more. I was there the other day and happen to spot an adorable hand-felted penguin ornament, so obviously I’ll be there purchasing them in bulk. Come check it out!
To purchase your tickets in person, just stop by the Portland Flea-For-All on Saturday or Sunday from 10:00am to 5:00pm. They are located at 125 Kennebec Street (on the corner of Elm Street) in Portland. Plenty of free parking is available.
Thanks ladies, we hope to see you at the swap!